Acadia National Park rangers, volunteers, and local astronomers will point out constellations and other night sky features. Dress warmly and minimize flashlight use to preserve night vision. Parking at Seawall Campground (D Loop). Review Star Party Tips. No pets. Free. Weather dependent.
Call 207-619-0509 to hear any recorded cancellations due to weather.
Star Party Tips
A few reminders to ensure a safe and enjoyable star party for all attendees:
• Dress warmly. Layers are encouraged.
• Wear comfortable shoes.
• Minimize flashlight use. Use a red night vision flashlight or cover a standard flashlight with red cellophane (volunteers will provide cellophane if needed).
• Listen to advice and instructions. Park rangers and event volunteers are on hand to help everyone enjoy their experience.
• Ask questions. Park rangers, astronomers, and volunteers will all be prepared to answer your questions.
• Watch your step. Every effort will be made to ensure your safety but it will be very dark. Use your red night vision flashlight and don't hesitate to ask for assistance.
• Be mindful of others. There may be waiting lines at various times. Please be patient.
• No pets.
• Cadillac Star Party:
No pets or folding chairs, please. Buses will be heated (if needed) and the Summit Center gift shop and restrooms at the top of Cadillac Mountain will be open during the event.
Seawall Picnic Area, Acadia National Park, Route 102A, Southwest Harbor