Snowmobile travel is allowed on the 27-mile Park Loop Road system (including the road up Cadillac Mountain) and most fire roads. Only two miles of carriage roads are open to snowmobilers as connector trails (the east side of Eagle Lake and short portion near the Wildwood Stables).
Snowmobile regulations include:
- All Maine state snowmobile laws are enforced in the park. Maine registration is required.
- Snowmobiles are not allowed on the carriage roads, except for the east side of Eagle Lake to make the connection to the Park Loop Road at Bubble Pond.
- Snowmobiles are not permitted off-road or on any hiking trails.
- Maximum speed is 35 mph on the Park Loop Road and 25 mph on all unpaved roads (including the one section of the carriage roads where they are permitted).
- Yield to anyone not on a snowmobile (skiers, snowshoers, and hikers).
- Turn on your white headlight and red taillight 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise, and whenever visibility is less than 500 feet.
- Towing people on sleds or skis in prohibited.
- It is illegal to operate snowmobiles while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Drivers must be at least 14 years old to operate snowmobiles in the park.
- Anyone under 18 years old must wear approved protective headgear.
There are no snowmobile rental companies on Mount Desert Island.
NOTE: Listings here are in a rotating alphabetical sequence. That means each time you visit the page, you'll see the entire list beginning (and ending) with a different listing.
Family owned and operated since 1917.
Recognized as one of America’s 50 most innovative pharmacies…and the only one with an old-fashioned soda fountain!
State-of-the-art pharmaceutical care.
• Prescription compounding.
• Home healthcare supplies and medical equipment.
• Mail order and in-town delivery services.
Combined with old-fashioned, small-town goodness.
• “Best Sweet Deal” Yankee Magazine, 2010
Come in and enjoy a healthy taste of both!
105 Main Street
Bar Harbor, ME
OPEN Monday–Saturday. Closed major holidays & Sundays.
Accredited by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation for commitment to quality and excellence in patient care.